Try it out and tell me how you like it! For more in depth details and video, please see the Lifestyle Motives YouTube channel. wafflerecipe9-23-16
This is a recipe that I’ve been going back and forth to get it right and I LOVED IT for breakfast this morning. Definitely filling, fiber packed and nutrient dense. Let me know how you do with your own version. You can make as many flavors as you would like, just go for it. The only exception is to have equal amounts of oats/milk ratio and keep the layering method the same. Take care and try this for breakfast asap.
I don’t know about anyone else BUT, snacking at work is REAL! The stress and anxiety of the work day makes some of us, me included, snack/munch mindlessly. I try to keep the healthiest snacks in my desk at work. This not only helps me cut down on calories but also on those random hunger pangs that seem to appear only when dealing with tough situations. Here is a list of my ‘essentials’:
- Nuts – preferably rich in Omegas and protein. Almonds and walnuts are examples
- Nutrient rich cereal – make sure it’s tasty with or without milk! I like Raising Bran, anything Kashi, Fiber One and Great Grains (but watch the portion sizes!)
- Fruit cups in fruit juice only – this is in addition to any fresh fruits and veggies I carry in my lunch bag
- Bottled water – hydration is key and very helpful in controlling hunger. My job has a water cooler but I usually keep a bottle or 2 just in case.
- Popcorn and rice cakes – both are in salty and sweet varieties (some are both!)
If you have any questions or would like personalized suggestions, email me at email@example.com